Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) typically includes Early Neutral Evaluation, Negotiation, Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration. We specialize in all types of ADR applicable to family, commercial and international disputes. Members of our Board of Governors have drafted national legislation as well as international rules and regulations. Collectively, they are amongst the world’s leading practitioners in ADR.
We debate on and draft ADR rules for governments, public and private sector establishments. We have experience in establishing and administering Centres for ADR and recommend conciliators, mediators, arbitrators and early neutral evaluators to assist people in resolving disputes expeditiously and assist courts to reduce the backlog of cases.
Benefits of ADR
• Efficiency with possibility of disposal without excessive cost
• Independence in choice of judge
• Increased party involvement in the process
• Potential for creative problem solving
• Parties’ control on the outcome
• Potential for preserving working/personal relationships